The History of Hordley can be traced back to the Doomsday Book. The church was built adjoining the “Manor House” which was occupied by the “Lord of the Manor” until 1712 when the Kynaston family moved to Hardwick Hall.
The Manor House was converted into two farmhouses, Hordley Hall and Church Farm. Hordley Hall remained in the Kynaston Estate until 1974.
Hordley Hall, is set in beautiful mature gardens, which are interesting all the year round.
Hordley is 3 miles away from Ellesmere, which is famous for it's Meres, There are also a lot of interesting shops and places to eat
Ellesmere with its many shops, inns and marina is only 3 miles away.